ADJUST THE SLIDER TO CHANGE THE FONT SIZE OF THE POSTS

Saturday, August 27, 2011

EGG & RÖSTI WRAP

This past week has just flown by and on top of that I can't believe we are half way through the weekend already. Well, moving on to more tasty things. I must say that one of my favourite foods are wraps, in any shape and size, be it chicken parmesan, spicy mince, rotis, just fold it in a wrap and i'll eat it.

So, I had a real brain wave this past week; I decided to try my hand at Rösti / Latkes and since I like wraps so well I thought I would wrap it up! Here is how I did it:

Heat the wrap in a microwave for 20 seconds or for a minute or two under the grill. Spread on a thick layer of cream cheese or smooth cottage cheese and place the salad leaves on top. Next place as many Rösti as you like on top of the salad leaves, I was a little greedy and went with three. Put the egg on top of the Rösti, season with garlic & chili spice, salt and cracked black pepper to taste. Wrap and enjoy! See Below for a recipe on how to make Rösti.





Ingredients

1
Large Onion, peeled and grated
2-3
Large Potatoes, peeled and grated
1
Small Apple, peeled and grated
1
6
1
Large Egg, beaten
Dsp Corn flour
Tsp Garlic & Chili spice
Salt & Black Pepper to taste

Preparation



Step 1      Place the grated onion, apple and potato into a mixing bowl.

Step 2      Add the beaten egg and mix together.

Step 3      Slowly add the corn flour and mix till batter coats the grated onion, apple and potato. 

Step 4      Add the garlic & chili spice, salt and black pepper to taste. 

Step 5      Fry in a hot, oiled pan. Remember you don't want raw Rösti, so make sure the pan is hot.

Step 6      When removing from the pan, place on kitchen, paper towel to absorb the excess oil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment