ADJUST THE SLIDER TO CHANGE THE FONT SIZE OF THE POSTS

Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Asian Chopping Board

Racine, a friend of mine, recently returned to Cape Town for a few months, on holiday. She has been living and working in Phuket, Thailand for the past two and a half years, and is engaged to be married to her Thai fiancé Jak. 

I have always loved Thai cuisine, and it has been such a treat to have Ray introduce me to all the amazing tastes Thailand has to offer. Last night we held a Thai supper evening, where we were honoured to have Ray cook a few of her amazing Thai dishes for our group of friends. The quality and depth of flavour of the Tom Yum Kung soup that she cooked was extraordinary, and the Thai red curry was so rich and creamy, and bursting with flavour. Ray shared with us the journey of how she would travel the streets of Thailand, tasting all the amazing foods on offer. Then she would return home to whip up her version of the dish, after identifying the ingredients and getting tips from her friends in Thailand. 

Ray's travels to Thailand, and the amazing tastes that she has introduced me to in these past two months, has inspired me to do some of my own culinary research. I will be starting a series of posts titled "The Asian Chopping Board", where I will be introducing you to some of the amazing Thai and Asian foods that I have come to love. Included in this series will be recipes for Ray's delicious Tom Yum Kung soup, and my fragrant Steamed Chinese Pork Bao; watch this space for these amazing recipes and more. 

Hope you enjoy!! 

David      

     

No comments:

Post a Comment